PUT MORE THAN 80 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE ON YOUR SIDE
Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Poughkeepsie
Understanding Medical Malpractice Claims in New York
If you or a loved one has suffered due to medical negligence in Poughkeepsie, our experienced team is here to navigate the complexities of medical malpractice cases. With our unwavering commitment to justice, we are ready to fight for your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Call Klein & Sanchez, P.C. today at (845) 203-2287 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our medical malpractice attorney in Poughkeepsie!
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice refers to the legal concept where a healthcare provider's negligence or failure to provide a reasonable standard of care leads to harm, injury, or even death to a patient. Healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, surgeons, and medical facilities, are expected to adhere to established standards of practice and provide a duty of care to their patients.
Proving a medical malpractice case requires demonstrating four key elements:
- Duty of Care: Establishing that a healthcare provider owes a commitment of care to the patient.
- Breach of Duty: Demonstrating that the healthcare provider breached the standard of care through negligence or a failure to act reasonably.
- Causation: Showing that the breach of duty caused the patient injury or harm.
- Damages: Evidence of the physical, emotional, or financial damages suffered due to the healthcare provider's negligence.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Medical Malpractice Case?
In medical malpractice cases, victims and their families can pursue compensation for a variety of damages, including:
- Medical Expenses: Current and future medical bills related to the malpractice, such as surgeries, treatments, medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages: If the victim cannot work, they can seek compensation for lost wages and potential loss of earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims can seek compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and the overall negative impact on their quality of life.
- Wrongful Death: In cases where medical malpractice leads to a patient's death, surviving family members may seek compensation for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and more.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice Claims in New York?
Victims have up to two and a half years from the date of the malpractice incident to file a lawsuit. However, the statute of limitations may be extended in cases involving foreign objects left in the body.
Contact Our Poughkeepsie Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
Facing the aftermath of medical malpractice can be overwhelming, but you don't have to go through it alone. At Klein & Sanchez, P.C., we are dedicated to providing compassionate legal support and aggressively fighting for your rights. Our experienced team of Poughkeepsie medical malpractice lawyers is well-versed in these complexities and builds a strong case on your behalf. Your well-being and justice are our top priorities.
Contact Klein & Sanchez, P.C. today to schedule a consultation with our medical malpractice lawyer in Poughkeepsie!
“Steven is an exceptional lawyer” - Kleli A.
“An attorney you can trust to get the best outcome possible even in a difficult situation.” - Elena G.
“Highly professional and caring” - Brody H.