PUT MORE THAN 80 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE ON YOUR SIDE
Poughkeepsie Dog Bite Attorney
Representing Dog Bite Victims in New York
Man's best friend is not always as friendly as we'd like them to be. Dog bites can happen unexpectedly and lead to severe consequences for victims. If you or a loved one has experienced a dog bite incident, it's crucial to understand your rights and seek legal representation promptly. At Klein & Sanchez, P.C., our Poughkeepsie dog bite lawyers are dedicated to helping you navigate the legal complexities surrounding such cases.
Call Klein & Sanchez, P.C. today at (845) 203-2287 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our dog bite lawyer in Poughkeepsie.
Common Causes of Dog Bites
Understanding the circumstances that can lead to dog bites is essential for building a strong case. While dogs are often loyal companions, various factors can trigger aggressive behavior. Some common causes of dog bites include:
- Lack of Training: Untrained or poorly trained dogs may exhibit aggressive behavior, especially in unfamiliar situations.
- Fear or Anxiety: Dogs may bite when they feel threatened or anxious. Loud noises, unfamiliar environments, or the presence of strangers trigger this mas.
- Protective Instincts: Dogs are naturally protective of their territory and may react aggressively if they perceive a threat to their owner or their property.
- Medical Issues: Dogs experiencing pain or discomfort due to illness or injury may lash out in self-defense.
- Provocation: Unintentional teasing, startling, or mishandling can provoke a dog to bite.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Dog Bite Claim?
Dog bite incidents can result in physical, emotional, and financial damages for the victim. If you've been bitten by a dog, you may be qualified to recover various damages, including:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for medical bills that are related to the treatment of injuries sustained from the dog bite, including surgeries, medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages: If the dog bite stops you from working, you may be permitted to receive compensation for lost wages during your recovery period.
- Pain and Suffering: Damages for physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by the dog bite incident.
- Property Damage: Compensation for any property damaged during the dog attack, such as torn clothing or personal belongings.
- Permanent Scarring or Disfigurement: Additional compensation for lasting physical effects, such as scarring or disfigurement resulting from the dog bite.
- Emotional Distress: Damages for emotional trauma and distress caused by the dog bite incident.
“Steve's professionalism, experience, confidence, compassion, honesty and strength are beyond comparison, my gratitude and respect is endless.” - Jason F.
“Highly recommend” - Amanda B.
“Thanks to him, I have kept my kids safe and happy, my house, and my life…and am forever grateful.” - Caryl Panzanaro
In the state of New York, there is a time limit, known as the statute of limitations, within which a dog bite claim must be filed. It's essential to take prompt legal action to protect your rights. The statute of limitations for dog bite claims in New York is typically three years from the date of the incident. However, there are exceptions to this rule, and certain circumstances may alter the timeframe.
Delaying the pursuit of legal action can jeopardize your ability to seek compensation. Don't let time slip away; contact us today to ensure your claim is filed within the necessary timeframe.
Our Poughkeepsie dog bite attorneys at Klein & Sanchez, P.C. are here to provide the support and guidance you need. We understand the complexities of these cases and are committed to securing the compensation you deserve. At Klein & Sanchez, P.C., we are dedicated to advocating for your rights and ensuring justice is served.
Contact Klein & Sanchez, P.C. today to get started with our Poughkeepsie dog bite attorney.